(Forbes) – Topline: The author of the infamous New York Times op-ed about a cadre of senior administration officials working to undermine Trump’s “worst inclinations” is writing a tell-all book about his experience inside the president’s administration.
- The author’s identity will remain a secret and the book will be titled “A Warning,” written by “Anonymous,” according to a Tuesday press release from Twelve, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing/Hachette Book Group.
- The only fact about the author released publicly is that he or she is a “senior administration official.”
- Twelve said in the release that the book will be a “shocking, first-hand account of President Trump and his record” from the same official who wrote the New York Times op-ed “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration”
- The author did not accept an advance on the book and will donate all the proceeds from the book’s sale to nonprofits that focus on government accountability.
- The book will be released November 19.
Key background: The op-ed made waves when it was published in September 2018 for its candor in excoriating Trump, whom the author called “impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.”
After it was published, Trump asked then-attorney general Jeff Sessions to investigate who the author was and even suggested that the New York Times made the whole thing up.
“Does the so-called ‘Senior Administration Official’ really exist, or is it just the Failing New York Times with another phony source? If the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!” Trump tweeted at the time.